The American University in Dubai Celebrates the Work of Students at the Yearly Architecture Senior Showcase
The Bachelor of Architecture (B. ARCH) at the American University in Dubai was inaugurated in the fall of 2009 and much like Dubai, is young, dynamic, and has achieved considerable milestones over a short period of which NAAB accreditation is at the top. The architecture department along with the Interior Design and the Visual communication departments make up the School of Architecture, Art, and Design (SAAD), which is the only school outside of the USA to have obtained the three primary accreditations (NAAB, CIDA, and NASAD). These accreditations reflect high education standards and quality assurance of SAAD’s programs.
- Architects: WAarchi
- Location: 300, Taiwan, Hsinchu City, East District, 大學路1001號, Taiwan
- Category: University
- Architect In Charge: Hsu Wei-Yang
- Design Team: UPGA@WAarchi International Design Co., Ltd.
- Design Consultant: Ih-Cheng Lai
- Project Year: 2018
- Photographs: lee kuo-min
- Architects: LEVER Architecture
- Location: Portland, Oregon, United States
- Category: Commercial Architecture
- Lead Architects: Thomas Robinson, George Michael Rusch, Sebastian Guivernau, Will Smith, Geoff Sosebee
- Area: 19000.0 ft2
- Project Year: 2017
- Photographs: Jeremy Bittermann
Bjarke Ingels Group.'s vortex-shaped education center has opened in the Faroe Islands. The Glasir Tórshavn College combines three schools under one roof in an area of over 19,000 square meters. Made to celebrates the Faroese landscape, the project includes the Faroe Islands Gymnasium, Tórshavn Technical College and the Business College. The design features glass façades that are mounted in a sawtooth shingle to form the building's circular shape.
As the world recognizes Earth Day 2019, the public discourse is increasingly dominated by citizen action across the world manifesting a widespread fear and frustration at a perceived lack of action by governments and officials to confront the issue forthrightly. From the Extinction Rebellion protests that have gripped London, to school student strikes across 125 countries, global cities are increasingly finding themselves on the front line of a battle to limit the effects of global warming.
- Architects: RAU architects, RO&AD Architecten
- Location: Scheelhoekweg, 3251 LZ Stellendam, The Netherlands
- Category: Other
- Design Team: Thomas Rau, Ad Kil, Ro Koster, Jochem Alferink, Martin van Overveld, Michel Tombal, Athina Andreadou, Loyse Rebord
- Area: 150.0 m2
- Project Year: 2019
- Photographs: Katja Effting, Merijn Koelink
The Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation has used Earth Day, April 22nd, 2019, to launch a new initiative focused on educating the public about how sustainable practices are used in the conservation of National Historic Landmark sites, including the renowned architect’s Taliesin (Wisconsin) and Taliesin West (Arizona) residences. Taking place throughout the year, the Foundation’s efforts will aim to show how these practices can serve as examples for other facets of society.